Stay True To Your Wild Hearts With A Boho Chic Wedding
Designing a boho chic wedding marries elements of florals, natural textures, a taste of the wild and memories of salty air. At Wild Heart Brides, raw beauty and bespoke beauty makes bohemian weddings one of our favorites. It sets them apart from any other. The composition of fresh, bohemian beauty is a theatre of true love and bits of nature that capture sublime happiness.
Becoming iconic is your calling card. Iris Apfel with her iconic oversized bottle cap glasses and bijou jewelry makes her easy to pick out of a crowd. Her look calling card look made her a celebrity.
Just the right glitter to sparkle through the night of Homecoming meant the H family ladies were going to do some bonding at Sephora.
My sister Facebook messaged me her dream makeup for homecoming. @hypnaughty posted this look, and Ashley was swooning. I, however, was sweating. Let’s just say not too many brides request a look this fierce.
I am your stylist, Carrie, a woman with Wild Heart Style that knows no boundaries. The only magazine that boasts my photo is Powder because of my personal ski bum style. However, my clients like Sierra Qiutiquit are icons.
I’d like to thank the photographers that contributed to this website.
Editorial Work in Print and on the Web:
Row 2 – Photography Peter Morning – Model Kelly Clark -Feature Editorial in Foam Magazine, Hair and Makeup #hairbycarrieg
Row 3 – Photography The Public Works by Mike Artz, Model Sierra Quititquit, Feature Editorial for Spyder Active Wear, Hair and Makeup #hairbycarrieg
Row 4 – Trinette Reed Photography, Editorial for Auberge Resort, Hair and Makeup #hairbycarrieg
Voted the Best of Hair and Makeup:
- Carrie was a featured artist on top industry website, Hairbrained
- Carrie was a runner-up for Sassoon Shoot-Out Competition: Hairbrained
- Carrie was voted the Best Hair in Mammoth in the Mammoth Times: Article in Mammoth Times
- Recognized for her work Beauty and Wedding Concierge Group in Mammoth by the Mammoth Times
- As a preferred wedding vendor on Hindsight Bride and Mountain Bride.
- By Minaret Photography for Hair and Makeup on set.
- Kayleena (bride)- This review is WAY overdue. Carrie was highly recommended to me by our wedding planner for our wedding on March 17th and, after my consultation with her, I felt confident that she was the gal to make my bridesmaids and I look fabulous on our wedding day. The weekend of our wedding came and so did a horrendous storm. However, this did not stop Carrie from trucking through the snow and wind to our condo the morning of March 17th. She came fully stocked with her hair and make-up supplies and got to work. She was incredibly efficient and brought along a colleague to help with our large bridal party. Not only did she do excellent work, but she also created a very calming presence that was greatly needed given the many problems we were facing on the “big day” (i.e., flights cancelled into Mammoth airport that prevented guests from attending our wedding!). Everyone who had their hair done by Carrie looked phenomenal, it was amazing! She created volume on even the thinnest of hair and made curls that stayed set all afternoon and evening, which is saying A LOT given that the wind we encountered trying to get the ceremony was strong enough to shut down the gondola for everyone but the wedding guests. Most noteworthy was the fact that my mom was so shocked that her hair did not go flat within 10 minutes, which is usually the norm for her! Carrie also did my make-up and was able to create the look that I vaguely described to her. She was able to give me a look that did not scream “make-up!” while helping me look wedding-ready at the same time. The bridal party all received compliments throughout the night and still looked good in pictures taken during the last dance (no make-up running, no frizzies, hair still up and curled). I highly highly recommend Carrie to anyone wanting to look special for any occasion, she was a pleasure to work with!
- Heidi (cut and color) – This gal has a deep passion for hair and your hair will feel healthier and look better after just one visit. I have fairly thin hair and I prefer a bit of the highlighted look but every time I have my hair done I go though a month, at minimum, of massive fall out. That is a major fail. With Carrie that NEVER happened! First time ever. Carrie knows color backwards and forwards and is a perfectionist when it comes to preserving your hair’s health. So she will find a way to get the results your looking for while maintaining your hairs health and vitality. All so the products she uses doesn’t have the harsh chemical small of most salons.Then there is the hair cut. She is continually studying under the direction of the hair care specialists of Sassoon and explains that due to the extreme precision of quality they expect from with stylists, you end up rarely needing to use product or spend crazy amounts of time styling your new cut. This is great news for me cause I am a wash ans were girl that still wants to look good. also since my cut and color I don’t remember ever having my hair stay so healthy for so long. Though I am not one to heavily style my hair with straitening irons or blow dryers but I do the next wort think for my locks. Instead, I am consistently tying it up in tight pony tails, walking out into freezing temps while it is still wet and running my fingers through it, and the list just goes on. To top it all off I am a professional Ski and Mountain bike instructor so my hair is continuously in subjected to the elements. So far it has been three months since my cut and color and my hair is still silky soft and in not need of a trim. That is a first.So is you find you self in Mammoth and your hair is in need of come TLC. Go see Carrie. You wont regret it. Though I must warn you, hair by Carrie is addictive.
- Mo (haircut and color correction) – First of all, I have blonde hair, so when I swim in chlorine my hair turns a nasty shade of green. I was beside myself with trying to get my hair back to its normal shade. I went to Carrie and she not only saved my hue, but gave me a haircut that completely rejuvenated my look. I asked for layers and shape, without sacrificing length. That is exactly what she gave me.
She listens and understands what you want for your look. Of all the salons in Mammoth, I know I will only go or recommend people to go to Carrie.